Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 6: Back in the game!

What a difference a day makes. After two pretty tough days (to put it politely!) today was a peach. It was still long (138km) bit we covered it quickly, getting to our hotel by half four.

The hills have been rolling - with some cracking descents (I managed a new top speed of 57.5km/h on one descent) - the wind has been at our backs (at last!) and the sun has been shining all day. I struggled a bit after first tea break - my left knee felt quite sore and I was off the pace a bit (in my defence though, the average pace at that point was 28km/h, which is high) but with some help from the Team (my thanks to Duncan and Graham) I soon recovered and was whizzing along quite happily after lunch.

So. End of day six and we're in a interesting "hotel" in Charleville-Mezeries. Two thirds of the way now. Fingers crossed that the legs keep going for the next three days. DM

No comments:

Post a Comment