Friday 11 May 2012

Departure day!


Well, by now the bikes will be well on their way to Jenbach. We fly out to meet them (via Munich) in a few hours.
Bikes ready to go! And a kayak, oddly.


It would be very  wrong it say I'm ready, but that said I don't think I ever would be. I'll be glad to get going, certainly.

I have a nasty cold, which is remarkably unfortunate in terms of timing, but such is the way of things.

It's odd to think that this time next we'll be on day 7 of 9. I really can't think about that sort of thing just now - only the first 20 miles of Saturday. Nothing else is relevant at this point.

It's going to be great. I'm going to miss everyone at home; particularly our 1 year old, but it's only for a week. The cycling will be superb (he says, again, desperately trying to convince himself), and we're raising a lot of cash for charity - if you'd like to donate, there is still time. Do so here: http://www.justgiving.com/teams/PinkPanther/ - huge thanks to all of you that have donated already.

Well, wish us luck. It's going to be quite a trip.

DM

Ps. Late message from van driver Will, asking me to take CDs ask continental radio is rubbish. I've packed Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits, and Queen - Greatest HIts. What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment